Ventrata is looking for a Lead Developer to join our team who are changing the way tours and tickets are sold across the planet.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a startup environment leading software development and be capable of working independently as part of our remote team.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a rapidly growing company that is expected to expand significantly post-pandemic with excellent potential for promotion for high performing candidates. The role will be based remotely (time zones GMT or GMT +1/-1), in our office in Brno, Czech Republic or in our Lisbon office.
Ventrata is the sales, booking and ticketing system for tour operators, hop-on hop-off buses, attractions, and bus operators. Ventrata designs and builds integrated sales and online booking systems that are trusted by some of the biggest names in the tourism industry.
Despite the challenging environment, Ventrata continues to grow in double digits. During the global pandemic, many attractions have restructured and upgraded their technology. For Ventrata, this has resulted in a 2x growth with further significant growth predicted for 2022.
Ventrata has been profitable since 2018 and holds substantial private backing. Our team is primarily based in the Czech Republic, but also with locations in London, Dublin, Lisbon, Madrid and New York.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Leading the software development team
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to design and deliver the product roadmap.
- Optimization and refactoring of our ‘Dashboard’
- Integration of new payment processing methods
- Developing new features requested by our clients
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
Qualifications and Skills
- Expert knowledge of Ruby on Rails
- Expert knowledge of PostgreSQL
- Advanced knowledge of AWS
- 2+ years experience leading and managing a development team
- Intermediate English
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast-paced team environment
Salary and Benefits
- Unlimited Paid time off
- Flexible hours
- Office snacks & coffee
- Dog-friendly office (Brno & Lisbon)
- Team building and company remote office. Sounds boring? Previous team offsite sessions have been in Spain, South Africa, Italy and Portugal.
Friday 26th November 5pm (GMT)
Interested in our products?
Ventrata is a comprehensive booking solution for tour and attraction businesses that are looking to win back control of their sales channels and maximise profits. With Ventrata as your booking and ticketing partner, you not only get industry-leading software you also get 24/7 support from our global team!