Ventrata is looking for a Lead Ruby on Rails Developer to join our team of kickass developers who are changing the way tours and tickets are sold across the planet. This is an amazing opportunity to join a rapidly growing company that is expected to expand significantly post-pandemic. We do have a distributed/remote team, but we do have a shared office space available in Brno and Lisbon, therefore we would prefer candidates in those locations, but we are fairly open for you to be located anywhere in Europe.
Founded in late 2016, Ventrata aims to be the Google of the travel industry — the SaaS solution everyone relies on. We provide technology in all channels with a one-stop-shop ticketing, management and operational solution for attractions, tours and activity suppliers.
Despite the challenging environment, Ventrata continues to grow in double digits. During the global pandemic, many attractions have restructured and upgraded their technology. For Ventrata, this has driven a growth rate of 6x — from $80m in ticket sales in 2019 to more than $500m in 2020.
Ventrata has been profitable since 2018 and holds substantial private backing. There have been two successful rounds of funding prior to coronavirus. No funding has been required to maintain operations through the period. Our team is based in Czechia, UK, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Slovakia, Croatia, Nigeria and the US.
Who we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will be a Ruby wizard with solid experience of backend engineering. You will be a critical thinker with a high attention to detail. You will need to keep up with the fast pace of development and thrive in a startup environment. Do you have previous experience with a ticketing system? Even better …
And a few more requirements…
- Expert knowledge of Ruby on Rails.
- Expert knowledge of PostgreSQL.
- Advanced knowledge of Google CLoud.
- Intermediate English.
- Fast learner, who enjoys the dynamic start-up working environment and is able to adapt to changes quickly and NO is not the answer you use (could be a tricky one during our team-buildings).
What will be your main responsibilities?
- Optimization and refactoring of our ‘Dashboard’.
- Owning and improving BE deployment pipeline.
- Integration of new payment processing methods.
- Developing new features requested by our clients.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code.
- Manage our database and external services.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
We could write much more, but we believe that you as a Senior developer know what is expected…
What can we offer?
- Start-up working environment
- Team buildings and company retreats (we have travelled to Spain, Portugal, Italy and South Africa);
- Young and passionate team;
- We don’t count holiday days and are fairly informal about working hours;
- Hardware/ remote setup package
- Salary based on your experience
Interested in our products?
Ventrata is a comprehensive booking solution for tour and attraction businesses that are looking to win back control of their sales channels and maximise profits. With Ventrata as your booking and ticketing partner, you not only get industry-leading software you also get 24/7 support from our global team!